What is the Date-Time Field Type?
The Date Time Field combines the functionalities of Date and Time into one separate field. Here you can enter a date from a calendar and select an hour at the same time.
How to create a Date Time Field Type on a Board
To create a Date Time Field:
- Click on Create New Fields button on a Fresh board or click on the '+' sign to the right of the last field header in the table view of an existing board.
- This pops up a form page, tap on the Field type, and choose Date and Time from the dropdown list of fields.
- Then add names and descriptions into their respective fields. Depending on your choice, you can add a Hint and placeholder.
- Set the minimum and maximum date and time for the field.
- Make any of the checkboxes (Required, Hide on Table, and Make Field unique) to depict special features for the field on the board.
- Then click on the Submit button to append to the board.
How does the Date Time Field Work?
Anytime you click on the Date Time field you set on your record, a new update Date and Time page pop up where you specify the date on a calendar and hour simultaneously.
When is the Date-Time Field Required?
You should use the Date Time field to schedule meetings and set deadlines for due dates and times for your team tasks.