What is the Time Field type?
This field helps you to allocate time on a board. You can always a time between the minimum to maximum time you set for the field, to spend on a task, or allocate a time of the day for an activity.
How to create a Time Field type on a board
To create a Time field:
- Click on the '+' sign to the right of the last field header in the table view of an existing board.
- This pops up a form page, tap on the Field type, and choose Time from the dropdown list of fields.
- Then add names and descriptions into their respective fields. Depending on your choice, you can add a Hint and placeholder to give more clarity.
- Set the minimum and maximum time for the field.
- Make any of the checkboxes (Required, Hide on Table, and Make Field unique) to depict special features on the board.
How does the Time Field Work
Once you click on the time field to add time, a set timer pops up to update time. it's a 12-hour format timer.
Simply set the hour and minute of the day, then specify whether you want AM or PM.
When is the Time Field Required?
You should use the time field whenever you want to work on tasks with a specific timeline. For Project management, you can set the time you expect a member of your team should work on tasks.